I’m Mary Kamau, a self-published author & founder of Telios Press.
I want to help you get #PublishingReady by offering you one-on-one self-publishing training.
By the end of each session, you’ll be able to confidently navigate that area of self-publishing – whether you want to do it for yourself or know enough to hire the right person to do it for you at the right cost.
SELF-PUBLISHING TRAINING COURSES
ALL SESSIONS ARE ONE-ON-ONE, HELD ON ZOOM & LAST 40 MINUTES.
BOOK EDITING 101
- Types of book editing
- Types of readers who enhance your book editing
- What to look for in a professional book editor
- Book formatting
- Book cover design
- Copyright & licensing for design elements
- Print-On-Demand vs. bulk printing
- Financing your book printing
- Book printing quality checks
- E-book formats
- Protecting your e-book from piracy
- E-book publishing quality checks
BOOK SALES & DISTRIBUTION
- Book ISBNs
- Stocking your book in bookstores
- Pricing your book
BOOK AUTHOR’S LEGAL RIGHTS
- Author’s moral & economic rights
- Book copyright registration
- How book copyrights work
BOOKKEEPING & ACCOUNTS
- Personal finances vs. business finances
- Tracking your book sales & profits
- Taxes affecting authors